Progrecit International LLC operates a group of websites, including Bettizens.com (from now on “Site” or “the Site”), several progressive web applications, including Bettizens application (from now on “App” or “the App”), and related platform features available through our network of websites. We may refer to Bettizens as “we”, “us”, or “our”. We may refer to you as “you”, or “your”. Unless something else is specified, when we use here “Bettizens” we refer to both, the website and the app.
Information collected on our sites and applications is stored in the United States; therefore, your information may become subject to U.S. law. By using our website or mobile applications, you consent to the transfer of your data overseas and across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. The laws governing data in your home country may differ from those in the countries to which data is transferred. By accessing and using our website and mobile applications, you consent to the transfer of your data in this manner.
Scope of this Policy
This policy applies to information we collect or use on sites and applications owned or controlled by ProgreCit International LLC, including Bettizen’s site and app. This policy applies to all of the services offered by Bettizens and its affiliates, including services Bettizens.com provides on mobile devices.
Bettizens and the EU – U.S. Privacy Shield
Bettizens complies with the EU – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework for personal information transferred to the United State from users in the EU. Under the Framework, Bettizens.com is subject to the Federal Trade Commission’s enforcement powers. Bettizens complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries.
Bettizens has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU Privacy Shield, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Finally and in certain circumstances, EU individuals may also have the right to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel. Please see https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=C-Pre-Arbitration-Requirements for more information on the binding arbitration option.
- Session cookies are used to make it easier for you to navigate web spaces. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are used to run our technology as they enable us to track and target certain preferences of our users to enhance the experience on our websites. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following the directions provided by your internet browser provider. We keep the use of persistent cookies at the minimum possible level.
What are pixel tags? A pixel tag (also commonly known as a web beacon) is a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites, or when emails are opened or accessed, and is often used in combination with cookies. We keep the use of pixel tags at the minimum possible level.
No Manipulative Algorithms
We do not manipulate, filter, or change the order of your newsfeeds. You have full control over your newsfeed and the order of how posts appear. The order in which what is published appears is won on its own merit: first, go those with the most “likes” and comments.
Other Environments (mobile applications)
In environments that do not support cookies, such as mobile applications, we may use other similar technologies for the same purpose of cookies. To serve our ads, if any, in mobile applications we might collect identifiers, such as a Google Advertising ID or Apple IDFA, depending on the operating system of your mobile device.
If at some moment Bettizens need to serve you personalized advertisements, in order to provide a seamless online experience, we may link your identifiers to the different environments you are using. At no point do we collect, now or in the future, identifying personal data such as your name or address to operate the linking.
Information We Collect
Bettizens collects information to provide better services to our valued users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, Bettizens collects personal information when you create an account with Bettizens; when you place an order; when you enter promotions or sweepstakes, such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, and ZIP code; and when you use our online forum.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, such as information about how you use our sites and mobile applications, visit a website that uses our advertising services, view or interact with our ads and content, and information about your computer or mobile device. This information may include:
- Device Information: we collect device-specific information such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including your phone number. Bettizens may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Bettizens account.
- Log Information: when you use our services or view content provided by Bettizens.com, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This includes: Details of how you use our services (e.g., your search queries), IP address, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware setting, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and referral URL. And cookies that may uniquely identify your browser on your Bettizens account.
- Location Information: When you use Bettizens services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including your IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Bettizens with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
- If you have downloaded one or more of our mobile applications, you may have the option to opt-in to location sharing for additional application capabilities. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu; however, if you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- Unique Application Numbers: Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation may be sent to Bettizens when you install or uninstall a certain service or when a service periodically contacts our servers, such as for updates.
- Local Storage: Bettizens may collect and store information – including personal information – locally on your devices using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies: Bettizens may set and access cookies on your computer. We may also set and access device identifiers which may include your IP address, user agent information (e.g., browser version, OS type, and version), and device-provided identifiers. Once you interact with our services, site(s), and/or application(s), Bettizens may recognize your device to provide you with a personalized experience, independent of your device settings.
- Bettizens uses web beacons to access Bettizens cookies inside and outside our network of websites and in connection with Bettizens products and services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open an email from Bettizens or its affiliates if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Social Media Widgets: our sites and mobile applications include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, Twitter widgets, and others. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Cookies, Tracking, and Interest-Based Advertising
The “help” function of your browser should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your device to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our features.
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites
Our site and app might include third-party interest-based advertising using the information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content, or services. Interest-based ads are displayed to you based on data from activities such as purchasing on our sites, visiting sites or related apps that contain Bettizens content or ads, or interacting with Bettizens tools.
How is Your Information Used?
Examples of how we use the information we collect include:
- Product and Service Fulfillment: Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and returns/exchanges. Respond to requests for information about our products and services on our website, mobile website, or mobile applications, or to otherwise serve you. Connect with you regarding customer service via our contact center or social media platforms.
- Administer sweepstakes and contests: Allow you to, via our website or mobile applications, sign up for our e-mail newsletter, search for products and check availability, check prices, provide product ratings and reviews, track your orders, update account information, etc.
- Our Marketing Purposes: Deliver coupons and promotions, newsletters, e-mails, mobile messages, and social media notifications from Bettizens.com and from Bettizens.com partners, vendors, or affiliates. Provide interactive features on the website or mobile applications, such as product reviews or weekly deals, and send marketing communications and other information regarding, products, services, and promotions. Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, surveys, etc.
- Internal Operations: Improve the effectiveness of our website, stores, mobile experience, and marketing efforts. Conduct research and analysis, including surveys. Perform other business activities as needed.
- Legal Compliance: For example, assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of Bettizens unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With Your Consent: We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Bettizens.com when appropriate. And even with your consent, we limit it to the minimum possible. Your content, including your personal information, is always yours and we do not sell your personal information to anyone.
- Service Providers: We may share the information we collect with companies that provide support services to us (such as email providers, mobile marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center/chat providers, sweepstakes vendors, payment processors, data enhancement services, or fraud prevention providers) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions.
- For Legal Reasons: We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Bettizens if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Bettizens.com, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law
This does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from Bettizens members for commercial purposes.
If Bettizens undergoes a merger, corporate reorganization, acquisition, or asset sale, your personal data may be shared. If you do not want us to share your personal data in these manners, please do not provide it to us.
Please note that Bettizens may be required to release an individual’s personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities in order to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
In the context of an onward transfer, Bettizens has responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Bettizens shall remain liable under the Principles if its agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles unless the organization proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Bettizens acknowledges the individual’s right to access their personal data. Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal data, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you. If your data is incorrect, incomplete, or irrelevant you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. To access or update your personal information email firstname.lastname@example.org with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you with the information requested if reasonably available, or describe the types of personal information we typically collect.
Bettizens and third-party vendors, partners, and affiliates communicate with users who subscribe to our services on a regular basis via e-mail. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, send you a notice of payments, send you promotions, send you information about changes to our products and services, and send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Sites. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or unticking the appropriate box if such a checkbox is available at the points where personal data is collected or by contacting us. We will process your unsubscribe request as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed. You also may opt out of receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of the email.
- Push Notifications: You may at any time opt-out from further allowing Bettizens to send you push notifications by adjusting the notification permissions in the Settings on your mobile device.
- Geo-location: You may at any time opt-out from further allowing Bettizens to access location data by adjusting the permission in your mobile device.
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
Security Methods: We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information, we use industry-standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, mobile application, database, or system is completely secure or “hacker-proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Email Security: “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, username, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail.
Children’s Personal Information: We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 18. If a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian e-mail us at email@example.com.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, you must include your full name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We will not accept requests via telephone, postal mail, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.