Frequently Asked Questions
Below you’ll find answers to the questions we get asked the most about getting the most out of Bettizens
We are a network of good investors and traders who want to make money and progress financially, but we have not forgotten our social responsibility: we all want to change the world, but only those who make money can achieve it.
Therefore, in addition to being good traders and investors, we have to be Better Citizens: Bettizens.
No. We created Bettizens to avoid the “tyranny of the algorithms” and we do not intend to replace Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc. However, we ARE NOT a network to waste time. We are here to learn from each other, exchange knowledge/experiences, and take action.
All people REALLY interested in investment, trading, money-making, and entrepreneurship, regardless of their level of knowledge or experience. In Bettizens there is no censorship, but the members themselves evaluate the other members, groups, and publications and what does not add value to the community is eliminated. No exceptions.
To join Bettizens you just have to complete a short form with your email, username, password, and the country you live in (we never ask for confidential information). It’s easy, fast, and ALWAYS FREE.
If you are interested in becoming a Verified Member, to build trust with other members or for any other reason, you will pay $7.77 ONE TIME ONLY, but verified and non-verified members have access to the same benefits and may remain in the network as long as they add value and comply with the “5 Rules of Bettizens”.
* Rule #1: BETTIZENS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. It is exclusively for people -of different knowledge levels and backgrounds- who really care about investing, trading, and money-making opportunities. THESE conditions impact everything else: from who remains on the network, to what is published.
* Rule #2: RESPECTFUL & POLITE LANGUAGE. At Bettizens we believe in an inclusive, constructive, and respectful discussion of different points of view on vital money issues, with a citizen approach that absolutely does not discriminate against anyone.
* Rule #3: USEFUL PUBLICATIONS. We don’t have “algorithms” that decide what everyone sees or reads. The order in which what is published appears is won on its own merit: first those with the most “likes” and comments. But what you post must be useful to our community.
* Rule #4: EACH THING IN ITS PLACE. The core of Bettizens is the Groups and in each one of them, only publications related to the theme of the Group are allowed. No exceptions.
* Rule #5: THE MAIN RULE. We deeply care about the QUALITY of our network. Please, comply with the first four rules and apply “common sense“, a “sense of belonging” and a strong “sense of responsibility“.
When you join Bettizens it is assumed that you agree to these rules. Violations will lead to the removal of the post and can result in the offender receiving anything from a warning to being banned from the network.
- Create an Account and complete your Profile.
- Join Groups and Meet like-minded people. Invite fellow investors and traders.
- Start Discussions in Groups and Forums.
- Share Experiences and make plans together.
We all know that website Terms of Service (TOS) are important, but truthfully how many of us actually take the time to read them thoroughly?
Since October 2015, you have a legal right to expect fair and transparent TOS. This means that “critical information” needs to be clear, prominent, and easy to understand.
With that said, let’s emphasize a few points:
* Bettizens is a private network. We reserve the right to admit and maintain on our web portal only those persons who fully meet or come close to the commonly accepted definition of investors, traders, and money/wealth makers. In case you do not meet these requirements, or in some way violate the established, your account will be suspended.
* Once you are accepted into the network, you have the possibility to invite other people. Please EXCLUSIVELY invite people who really are into financial issues, who can collaborate with our efforts and who feel comfortable in the digital company of people with more or less similar ideas and projects.
* RULES and RESTRICTIONS on Submissions and Interactions:
– Our Members (individuals and organizations) should exercise common sense and courtesy in submitting comments or materials for posting on Bettizens environments (“Submissions”). Be kind and courteous, do not use hate speech or bullying, and respect everyone’s privacy.
– Inappropriate Submissions would include, for example, comments or materials that:
* make false or defamatory statements about others;
* are obscene, vulgar, abusive, hateful or threatening;
* harass or discriminate on the basis of race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual preference or other factors;
* are invasive of the privacy rights of others (e.g., by including addresses, phone numbers, or other personal information about third persons without their consent.)
* Submissions may not include content or materials that violate the copyrights, trademark rights, or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
* Submissions may not contain unauthorized disclosures of proprietary or confidential information.
* Our Members may not use Bettizens environments, features, and functionalities in a manner or for a purpose that could violate any national or international laws.
* Our Members may not use Bettizens to promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or for any purpose that may be illegal.
* Submissions may not include false or misleading representations of affiliation with any other person or entity. A Member may not employ false identifiers to impersonate any person or entity or to misrepresent or disguise the true origin of any content.
* Bettizens believe that anonymous postings are neither necessary for purposes of this platform, nor consistent with the level of dialogue expected. Therefore, the Member’s username (which must be provided) will be posted with the Submission. To the extent that a group of individuals, the group name shall be identified in connection with the posting. It is not necessary, however, to identify each individual member of the group associated with the group posting, apart from the identification of individuals in the attribution of quotes made in a posting.
* Do not talk about RELIGION within Bettizens’ environments. We do not want our diverse religions, beliefs, creeds, and life philosophies to separate us or distract us from the ultimate goal.
No. We have two types of content. One that is public and accessible to anyone who visits our website. Another one is available only to Bettizens Members.
Please continue using your other social networks, as each serves a specific purpose. Bettizens’ goal is to allow you, and like-minded people, to escape the “tyranny of algorithms” of traditional networks. On Bettizens nobody determines the order in which the publications appear, except the merit itself: the ones with the most “likes” and comments go first.
Also, Bettizens is not a typical social network. It is a private digital platform that facilitates communication and collaboration of people interested in investing, trading, and money/wealth-making issues.
Over the years, Facebook has grown to become an internet behemoth. Many users have several hundred (thousands) friends or subscribers on Facebook. Users are encouraged to add as many friends as they can and share everything they experience. Facebook has evolved into a hyper-sharing platform of information for the mass public.
While Bettizens intents to offer a similar platform and almost comparable functionality, the concept isn’t designed for mass, public sharing. Bettizens is truly a private network designed for the stock market and money making champions. We do not have a connections cap on Bettizens, but our members are encouraged to connect only with people they trust and with whom they share similar interests.
Bettizens is an ideal web platform for investors, traders, and entrepreneurs who feel overwhelmed by the massive growth of large personal networks that Facebook generated and for those who want a more private way to share experiences only with like-minded people.
How to Questions
If at the end of the registration process you see a message regarding the re-Captcha, it is a double anti-bot check. Simply retype your password and click “Create Account” again. If everything goes OK, you will see the following message: “Before you can login, you need to confirm your email address via the email we just sent to you. If you do not see the email in a few minutes, check your “junk mail” or “spam folder”.
Click the Activation Link and after that you can access our platform with your credentials (username and password). In case you forgot your password, come back to our website, click on “Login” and then on the “Forgot my Password” button. Enter your email address to receive a message with instructions on how to reset your password.
The system will take you to your “Profile” page. The very first thing you’d like to do is to click on “Profile” + “Edit“, complete your profile: “Base” and “About You” fields and change your profile/cover photo (optional). Then click on “Account” where you can Enable/Disable the “Contact Me” tab, manage your password, Notifications & Privacy settings, Subscriptions, etc.
After that, our advice is to review existing Groups (which are the core of Bettizens) and join the public groups that match your interests or request to join the private groups that meet that criteria.
Remember that in each group and its forums, it is allowed to publish only those things related to the theme of the group. You can also create your own groups. It’s very easy: just go to “Groups” in the main menu + “Create a Group“.
At Bettizens, we have several activity feeds: Personal Feed (your Timeline: you cannot post here, but you can see everything you posted on the network), General Feed: you can post here a thought or a link to an article or a video; attach a photo or a document; and add a poll or a status. However, as one of the main Bettizens’ rules is “Each thing in its place” we encourage our members to publish mainly on the groups that are related to your post (Group Feed). Anyway, they will appear on the general feed, but that way it will be easier to keep track of your posts and their comments.
We don’t have “algorithms” that decide what everyone sees or reads. The order in which what is published appears is won on its own merit: first those with the most “likes” and comments.
You can share Bettizens posts in two ways:
1) by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner of each post + the “Share” button. That gives you 5 sharing options: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, WhatsApp, and email; and
2) by clicking the “Share” button in the bottom right corner of each post, which gives you the option to post to your own Timeline (My Profile) or to one of the Groups you belong to.
You can use the button “Invite Friends” (below “Home” on the main Menu) or you can go to your “Profile” + “Email Invites” where you can introduce the Recipient Name and Email, and you can customize both the text of the invitation subject and the text of the invitation email.
Please pay attention to the “+” sign under “Recipient Email” which allows you to invite multiple friends at once.
This is a very useful feature for our investors and traders. Now, inside Bettizens you can add tasks to your To-Do List, “Edit” / “Delete” them, or mark them as “Completed“.
In addition, you can create a category for your To-Dos and add pending tasks accordingly. It also has a “due date reminder” option that reminds you of due dates, sending an email and/or a Bettizens notification.
To use it, go to your “Profile” + “To-dos” + “Add” and you can add a new to-do to your list.
As a Bettizens member you cannot review yourself, but you can review other members. Go to “Members“, click on a member’s name + “Add Review“. At Bettizens we care a lot about the usefulness of the network and encourage our members to add value to it. That’s why the first and most important criteria for valuations is “Useful Contributions“.
Consistent low ratings are monitored by Bettizens. If your score remains low for a long time, Bettizens may cancel your account or ban you from interacting with the community.
Reviews help add a layer of credibility and social proof, enabling investors, traders, and entrepreneurs to feel understood. It’s very important for Bettizens to provide, and keep in good standing, a space to share useful stories, learn from each other, and build trust, all of which are important in building an online community like ours.
Go to your “Profile” + “Account” + “Delete Account“. We won’t be happy to see you go, but this is your choice. When you delete your account, your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes, followers, etc., will be permanently removed.