Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? We might have the answers. Or we will found out them together.
Bettizens is an exclusive digital platform for people who defend or care about causes related to Progress and Social Justice. Although we all may be called by many different names, what we really intend to be is BETTER CITIZENS. People who, among many other things, demand affordable Health and Education for all, a decent salary that allows at least basic needs to be covered, respect for voting rights and the non-interference of Big Capital in elections, responsible care of the environment, etc.
No. We ARE NOT a network to share family photos or waste time. For all that we already have Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
We are here to organize ourselves, learn from each other, exchange knowledge/experiences, and take action. We are in the business of Building Better Citizens (Bettizens).
Groups, Forums & Tasks are at the core of Bettizens. They are essential for communicating, collaborating, and making things happen.
We do not intend to replace any of those networks.
No matter how you call yourself (“Good Citizen“, “Openminded”, “Progressive“, “Liberal“, “Democrat“, “Leftist“, “Democratic Socialist“, “Socialist“, “Communist“…) if you care about ISSUES related to Social Progress & Social Justice you should CLICK HERE and join Bettizens now.
We are all different but the important thing is to agree on the essence of the solutions to each problem, even if we have different perceptions of how to fix them.
Yes, joining Bettizens is easy, fast and always Free.
To join, you just have to complete the short form with your email, your username, and password. Once inside, it is important that you COMPLETE your profile and upload your REAL photo. Until you do that, you will not be able to use the different features of the platform.
Please, take into account that we work as a private club (“right of admission“), so according to your Profile and your Activity on the network, we can decide whether to accept, reject, maintain or cancel your membership.
* BETTIZENS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. It is a “private digital club” for people of different opinions and backgrounds who defend causes related to Justice and Social Progress. This definition conditions everything else: from who is accepted and can remain on the network, to what is published.
* UNITY IN DIVERSITY: At Bettizens we believe in an inclusive, constructive, and respectful discussion of different points of view on vital social issues, with a citizen approach that does not discriminate against minorities, but is focused on the majority, those who have the least. We are not interested in wasting time on sterile discussions with “centrist”, conservative or openly right-wing points of view, so they will not be allowed.
* USEFUL PUBLICATIONS: We don’t have “algorithms” that decide what everyone sees or reads. The order in which what is published appears is won on its own merit: first those with the most “likes” and comments. But the publications in Bettizens (articles, news, Memes, videos, etc.) must be useful to people and organizations that care about Progress and Social Justice. It is not a space to publish photos of puppies and kittens (however beautiful those little animals are), or of vacations on the beach.
* EVERYTHING IN ITS PLACE: The core of Bettizens is the Groups (you can create and belong to many groups, while the system can assign you to certain groups depending on where you live and the interests shown) and in each of them only publications related to the theme of the Group are allowed. Everything that can be considered “advertising” is accepted only in the Advertising Group. In the same way, -just to give two examples-, we do not publish anything about “China” in the “USA” Group and nothing about “minimum wage” in the Environment group, unless there is a direct relationship that justifies the action.
* THE MAIN RULE: comply with the first four and apply “common sense“, a “sense of belonging” and a strong “sense of responsibility“. There are no exceptions (at least not after our system or our team detect violations). When you join Bettizens it is assumed that you agree to these rules. Violations will lead to the removal of the post and can result in the offender receiving anything from a warning to being banned from the network.
Our opponents often say that people who care about Social Justice do not have a clear concept of discipline. Well, that is not the case with Bettizens.you